Free school vouchers over the summer holiday
Following on from last week’s wave – I just want to remind parents that the school will be issuing Free School Meal vouchers over the summer holidays. This is £15 per week per child. This is £105 per child over the 7 week holiday. If you feel you may be eligible or are unsure please contact the school office confidentially. I have added the criteria in case you are unsure. The form takes a matter of minutes and can be done online at the Hull City Council website or via the school office:
Are you eligible:
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax
- Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Please be reassured that as a school we have a detailed transition plan for every class and every teacher going forwards. Once the government has decided how school may look in September we will work with all our families and children to ensure the return to school is as easy as possible. We will be in contact with all our families over the next couple of weeks. In the meantime if you have any worries or questions please contact us.
School summer closure
Just a reminder that the school is closed as it normally is over the summer break. There will be no work set by teachers unlike recent holidays.
The school will be recalling all chromebooks over the next couple of weeks. All parents that have signed for one will be receiving information in due course.
Stars of the week
Nahya – fantastic independent blending and segmenting
Olivia B for some amazing phonics work this week!
The Year 1 bubble for settling in so well and being superstars!
Lexi P for working really hard to improve her Maths
Marcel L – For his consistent hard work whilst working at home
Heidi C – for her resilience with maths work
Sofia for her continued effort in completing the Year 5 work at home to her best standard.
Thomas for a fantastic piece of work on Seals and how they live